COVID-19 Update: A Message From Our CEO
Homestead Smart Health Plans’ COVID-19 Update: We are here to help.
We want to take a step away from our day-to-day operations to update you on Homestead’s status amidst the current COVID-19 pandemic. As the situation continues to evolve around us, we are committed to serving our clients and members in the most responsible and helpful manner possible.
In addition to monitoring the news surrounding the spread of this virus, we are taking necessary steps to ensure our work is uninterrupted, and our workforce is safe and able to continuously serve our members and clients. Our plan of response is two-fold, and we’d like to share it with you:
On our end, we have taken steps to:
- Implement our business continuity plans to ensure that our associates are effectively working remotely.
- Reinforce the importance of preventive actions, such as washing and sanitizing hands frequently and practicing good respiratory etiquette (such as coughing or sneezing into a tissue or elbow).
- Move into teleconferencing for all meetings with clients, employees, and partners.
- Limit Open Enrollment events to web-based educational opportunities.
For our members and clients, we are:
- Providing information regarding testing and treatment, as well as general education.
- Implementing a task force to proactively maintain and improve member access to healthcare services during the crisis, for example through facilitation of telemedicine.
We understand the strain this situation is placing on individuals and organizations, and we wanted to provide an easily accessible list of trusted resources and important information. Below is a list of links you may find useful as we continue to navigate through these uncertain times:
Helpful links and pertinent information:
CDC Official Updates on the COVID-19 (CDC)
How to Protect Yourself (CDC)
Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine and Isolation (SAMHSA)
As always, our top priority and mission is to bring better health to all: our employees, the communities we serve, as well as our clients, members, and partners.
Homestead Smart Health Plans